Welcome to this test plan and thanks for helping out making Milestone 8 a stable release. In M8 we fixed more than 80 bugs and added quite a number of exciting new features. We would like to carefully test this release because the number of changes is quite substantial. There are two ways of helping us out:
- Simply use M8 and report any issues back to us
- Follow the testplan below to selectively test features we added in M8
Please report any issues to http://dev.rssowl.org
- Make the Error Log visible to find out about errors while using M8
- In RSSOwl go to Window | Show View | Other... | Error Log
- Errors are shown with a red icon. Doubleclick on an entry to see the message.
- Note that connection problems are indicated as warning with a yellow icon. You don't need to report these.
- Launch RSSOwl. A message should inform you that your profile is migrated to M8.
- Ensure that none of your feeds and settings is lost after the migration
- General things to look out for
- Report back any exceptions in the Error Log (Window | Show View | Other... | Error Log)
- Ensure that the correct number of unread news is shown for feeds in the bookmark view
- Ensure that you see the contents of a news when you open it from the feed view
- Move/Copy News
- Play around with moving or copying News into Bins. News can either be copied/moved via drag and drop or by using the contextual menu.
- Use Bins in saved searches via location conditions
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) / Redo (Ctrl+Y) of common operations
- Delete News and ensure you can undo/redo this operation
- Mark News as Read and ensure you can undo/redo this operation
- Mark News as Sticky and ensure you can undo/redo this operation
- Move/Copy News and ensure you can undo/redo this operation
- Aggregate a Folder
- Aggregating a folder will show all news of all feeds in the folder at once
- Play around with this feature by opening the menu on a folder and selecting Aggregate Feeds
- Bookmark Wizard
- Create a new Bookmark by using the new Bookmark Wizard
- Experiment with Keyword Subscriptions
- Search Highlight
- Enable highlighting for a feed and make sure your search-terms are indicated with a yellow background in the news
- This feature works for saved searches and the incremental search
- Shortcuts for Label and Sticky
- Assign shortcuts for Labels and Sticky in Preferences and use them for quickly updating news